Hmmmm… healthy organic fresh oranges I guess! Try to buy them in season!
Answered below :)
I might have lost 1-2 lbs of water retention weight (since it’s a low sodium diet) but that was it. Weight loss wasn’t the reason I stared eating 80/10/10 or hclf. I was pretty slim already, and didn’t want to loose any weight.
That said, I can definitely see how it would be easy to loose weight eating this way. If I’m not careful and eat too few calories on days when I’m exercising a lot I definitely notice I start to loose weight. I’ve found that I need cooked carbs on or around those days to maintain my weight.
Loving fresh #rawvegan summer salads! Tonight’s has green & red leaf lettuce, swiss chard, kale, chioggia beets, corn, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, nectarines, avocado, parsley, lime juice, zucchini blossoms, a few little tricolour violas, & some wild blackberries.
- Since female mammals can only produce milk during and after pregnancy, we shove long steel devides into their vaginas with our bare hands once a year to inject them with bull semen.
- The calves are taken away after birth to prevent them from drinking the milk that will be sold to the public.
- The male calves are sent to the veal industry where they are kept in small stalls or tiny crates. Minimal to no movement is allowed; this prevents muscle development, which keeps their flesh extra tender for your enjoyment.
- The machines suck the cows dry several times a day - most of these cows have severe infections, and the pus gets sucked out along with the milk.
- A single cow emits more environmentally harmful gases than a car.
- Some cows spend their entire lives standing on concrete floors; others are crammed into massive mud lots.
- Cows have a natural lifespan of about 25 years, but the conditions they now live in lead to disease, lameness, and reproductive problems that render cows worthless to the dairy industry by the time they are four or five years old, at which time they are sent to the slaughterhouse.
- We are the only species to drink milk after infancy.
- Cow’s milk is the number one cause of food allergies among infants and children.
- Milk and other animal products may lower your lifespan more than smoking.
- The domestic hen is a descendent of the Red Junglefowl, who only lays a few eggs/year. Domestic hens have been bred by us to lay close to 300 eggs/year!
- A typical egg-laying hen spends her life in a cage the size of a notebook.
- The extreme psychological stress from over-crowding often leads to pecking, fighting, and cannibalism.
- Because male chickens can’t lay eggs, they are separated from the females after birth and ground up alive.
- Or they are dumped – still alive and conscious – into giant trash cans, where they are left to starve and/or suffocate.
- To avoid the hens from injuring each other, a part of their beaks are cut off.
- When the cost of feeding them out-grows the benefit derived from their egg production, they are slaughtered.
- 15% of the hatched chickens become meat. They are genetically selected to reach 6 times their natural weight in 1.5 months. They are still babies when we eat them, but they are so large for their soft bones that many cannot even stand on their legs, let alone walk.
- Eggs are unhealthy to the point where it is illegal to market them as ‘healthy’, ‘nutritious’ or even ‘safe’.
- In the end, they are hung upside down by their feet while fully conscious. First their heads will be dragged through a bath of electrically charged water, rendering most of them unconscious. They are then taken to an automatic neck cutter, where they are bled. After that they go to a scalding tank, which makes it easier to pluck them. Some chickens are still fully conscious after the electrical bath.
Now you know.
Late lunch of watermelon & cantaloupe! (and for anyone curious: I used a melon baller to scoop out the round little balls, they’re inexpensive and easy to use little kitchen tools).
I used a melon baller
I would say just eat more at breakfast lunch or dinner so you don’t need snacks ;). But my fav snacks would probably be mangos, bananas, or dried fruit b/c they’re easy to take with you on the go. Kale chips or rice crackers are also good ideas!
No don’t worry, it’s normal!
Fruits & vegetables. Grains when I eat them.
Fav tumblr accounts!
Somebody asked a while ago for a list of some other healthy food related tumblr accounts… here are the ones I follow, in no particular order:
Lots of little bees visiting the zucchini blossoms this morning! 🐝 #organicgarden (at Sunshine Coast, BC)
Wild trailing blackberries, blueberries, & ataulfo mangos this morning… such a yummy combination!